Job Description Duties:
You may apply online below
TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Wichita Cancer Foundation’s Board of Directors
GOAL: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Wichita Cancer Foundation’s programs, fundraising efforts, and execution of its mission.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage all phases of Wichita Cancer Foundation’s operations in support of its mission.
- Expand revenues through fundraising activities including grant writing, events, and appeal letters; develop relationships with local donors, corporate givers and foundations.
- Develop a Public Relations strategy that will expand awareness of the Wichita Cancer Foundation locally and throughout the state.
- Attend and report at all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors; actively engage and energize board members; serve as ex-officio of all committees.
- Develop and maintain systems to track mission successes and evaluate program effectiveness that can also be communicated to Board, funders and other constituents on a regular basis.
- Serve as the organization’s ambassador-at-large to the Wichita community.
- Write acknowledgement and thank you letters to donors and/or honorees.
- Researching and targeting local foundations and similar fundraising opportunities. Develop a master plan of dates for submissions and requirements
- Check the PO Box regularly.
- Handle appropriate record keeping.
- Recruit, organize, motivate and manage volunteers for developed fundraising activities/events.
- Increase visibility of the organization by meeting with potential donors and community leaders.
- Work closely with Patient Facilitator to serve as a back-up when needed and to stay informed about patient assistance as it relates to fundraising needs and donor relation.
- The ED will be thoroughly committed to the Wichita Cancer Foundation’s mission.
- All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, and relationship management experience.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong ability for independent and self-directed work.
- Candidates need excellence in organizational management.
- Candidates should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates will monitor, maintain and improve the website.
- The Wichita Cancer Foundation BOD is looking for a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven ED with integrity and a positive attitude.
- Computer skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and organization
- Familiarity with (or willing to learn) appropriate fundraising software
- Work and time management
- Research skills
- Attention to detail
Apply Online Below